Contact Person : Linda Yang
Phone Number : +86 16638166831
WhatsApp : +8616638166831
January 18, 2020
ABC cable with full name as Aerial bundled cables or aerial bundled conductors are overhead power lines using several insulated phase conductors bundled tightly together, usually with a bare neutral conductor.
The first European system had a separate catenary wire but later the neutral conductor was modified to act as the messenger as well. In the late 1960’s a system was developed in which all the phase conductors and the neutral conductor are of the same construction. This type is known as the Four Core System and is also in use in many countries.
Why the ABC system?
An electrical network should satisfy the need for high level of technology and the low cost of the network. In general the network should meet at least the following requirements:
• low cost of total material
• low cost of labour
• low cost of installation
• low cost of annual operation and maintenance
• low cost of later extension
• high reliability
• low cost of achieving safety and technical requirements
• low cost of total investment
• minimal cost of line route clearing
• minimum number of accessories and tools
Aerial Bundled Conductor cables can be used to replace bare conductor cables in overhead distribution systems. It is ideal for use in urban areas with congested power distribution and narrow lanes and by-lanes. The flexible system is much easier than conventional overhead power lines to re-route when demanded by changes in urban development plans.
As replacement for bare overhead power lines in rural areas;
• In areas where space is limited such as narrow streets and lanes;
• In forests and woods where there is an increased risk of damage from fallen branches and trees;
• As replacement for bare overhead power lines where prime importance is placed on reliability of supply;
• Where supply voltage with a high degree of stability is required;
• As reinforcement for existing overhead power systems without having to increase voltage;
• In difficult terrain like hilly areas where the cost of installing underground cabling or overhead power lines is very high.
Zhenglan Cable Technology Co., Ltd