Contact Person : Linda Yang
Phone Number : +86 16638166831
WhatsApp : +8616638166831
February 28, 2020
When we need to choose a kind of Low voltage (0.6/1kv) Cables in a project, usually we have to make a decision between the PVC insulated cable and XLPE insulated Cable, in order to make the right choice, you need to know the differences between the two kinds most popular cables.
So let's see the differences in the following aspects:
1. Maximum working temperature of conductor: PVC insulated Cable is 70 Centigrade, XLPE insulated Cable is 90 Centigrade.
2. Maximum short (lasting less than 5 seconds) temperature: PVC insulated Cable is 160 Centigrade, XLPE insulated Cable is 250 Centigrade.
3. Service life: Usually, the XLPE insulated cable is longer than PVC insulated cable.
4. Price: Usually, the XLPE insulated cable price is higher than PVC insulated cable.
5. Water Proof Performance in Application Environment: PVC insulated cable is better than the XLPE insulated cable.
6. Environment Protection aspect: For XLPE is not containing chlorine which will release toxic gases once burn, so XLPE insulated Cable is environment friendly compared with PVC insulated Cable.
7. Conclusion: In a long run, the XLPE insulated Cable is better than PVC insulated Cable, but the price is a little higher, but if we take all factors in to consideration(such as environment protection, service life, safety and so on), XLPE insulated cable has a high cost-performance.
At last, there is a question left for you, it is difficult to distinguish the PVC and XLPE from appearance with a naked eyes, so do you know a easy way to distinguish the PVC and XLPE in the Cable?
Welcome to send your inquiry or questions about PVC or XLPE Cables to firstname.lastname@example.org;
You also can visit our web www.zhenglancable.com to get more cable information we manufactured and sold.