Low smoke halogen-free cable refers to the environment-friendly cable which is made of glue without halogen (F, Cl, Br, I, at), lead, cadmium, chromium, mercury and other environmental substances, and will not emit toxic smoke when burning.
Low smoke and halogen-free cable, with superior flame retardant performance, little smoke when burning and no corrosive gas escaping, is widely used in nuclear power stations, subway stations, telephone exchanges and computer control centers, high-rise buildings, hotels, radio and television stations, important military facilities, petroleum platforms, etc., as well as places with concentrated personnel and low air density.
Characteristics of low smoke halogen free wire:
(1) The tensile strength of general PVC wires is greater than 1.05kgf/mm2, while that of low smoke halogen-free wires is greater than 1.2kgf/mm2;
(2) It has good weather resistance (- 30 ℃ ~ 105 ℃);
(3) It has good softness (hardness 80-90);
(4) It has non mobility (because there is no need to add plasticizer in this product formula, so it will not have mobility);
(5) There will be no toxic black smoke (a small amount of white smoke) during combustion;
(6) The volume resistivity of PVC wire is 1012 ~ 1015 Ω / cm3, and that of LSZH wire is more than 1016 Ω / cm3;
(7) It has good high-voltage resistance characteristics: PVC wires are generally resistant to more than 10kV, while low smoke halogen-free wires are up to more than 15kV;
(8) It has good elasticity and viscosity.
Flame retardant cable refers to the cable that the sample is burned under the specified test conditions, the flame spread is only within a limited range after removing the test fire source, and the residual flame or residual ignition can be extinguished within a limited time. The basic characteristic is: in case of fire, it may be burnt out and cannot operate, but it can prevent the spread of fire. Generally speaking, in case of wire fire, the combustion can be limited in a local scope, without spreading, and other equipment can be kept to avoid greater losses.
The general method of flame retardant wire and cable is to add halides and metal oxides containing halogen in the sheath material. From the perspective of flame retardant, this is an excellent method. However, because these materials contain halides, a large amount of smoke and hydrogen halide gas are released during combustion, so the visibility in case of fire is low, which brings great challenges to the safe evacuation and fire fighting of personnel People are more likely to suffocate to death by toxic gases.
Now, low smoke halogen-free cable is being promoted to replace the general flame retardant cable. Generally, the price of flame retardant cable is about 8500 yuan per ton, while the price of low smoke halogen-free cable is more expensive.
Contact Person: Miss. Linda Yang
Tel: +86 16638166831